Our House

Monday, November 05, 2007

While I was out...

I'm out of town now so I don't have access to my photos, but I thought I'd relate what's been going on and then add pix later. Hopefully I'll remember...
Bob is moving along with the tiling in the 2nd floor bath, and I do still like the tiles. I know the glass tiles are modern looking, but I don't think having a 21st century bathroom in an early 20th century house is disrespectful to the integrity of the house. We have kept all the bathrooms small and simple, but hopefully a bit interesting.



Rich has been moving along with the trim work. He's done the window casings in the 2nd floor guest bedroom and they look like they've been there forever. And Katelyn has been continuing with closet duty ont he 3rd floor - the shelving is in in the suitcase closet.

At least 2 of the granite thresholds are in, thanks to Bill.
I discovered in the basement - I mean lower level - that the French doors for the indoor/outdoor room have arrived as well as the door from the basement to the exterior near the garage.

Peter and I met with Wendy to go over the details for the various built-ins. We are close to getting that started. And Jeff the closet guy came back again to make some changes in our closet designs.

I spoke to Lee today and he told me that Sal has come back and they've started doing the grading work in the back so soon we can get the pipes in for the HVAC and hopefully get some trees in before the first frost. He also informed me that the wisteria is gone. He always does these major things when I'm not there. But this time I'm glad I wasn't there to see it go, but I am very anxious to see what the front of the house looks like without it.

And Vinnie's guys keep building the wall, and Mikes guys keep prepping for stucco, and the painters keep painting.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home