And the wall came tumbling down
I got to the house a little late on Tuesday, so the old tennis court wall destruction was complete and Vinnie's guys were busy digging to prepare for the new wall. We now have a pile of stones that I'd like to re-use use, but unfortunately, they don't really match the material for the new walls. Maybe we can build a stone cabin or a stone swing someplace.


Miriam had discovered some time ago that the tennis court is not parallel to the house. So we have spent innumerable hours trying to decide if the walls should be parallel to the court or to the house. Given that we lived in the house for 25 years and never noticed the discrepancy, I wonder if it really makes alot of difference. We did finally decide how to do it, and I'm thinking of having a contest when everything is finished. I wonder if anyone will be able to tell which way we went.
There is rain in the forecast for the next few days so the woodworking shop has been moved inside. The living room and the master bedroom are now the domains of Katelyn, Bill and Kenny. And Lee had to downsize his office to the study. His view has changed from 'Lake Geneva' to the porta-potty. Talk about the sublime to the ridiculous.



In the basement, Bob is continuing the tiling of the guest bath - the shower is almost done.


And Rich is moving along with the trim.
Up on the sun deck over the front door, I found Lee, Bill and Bob playing some weird game of dradel. Talk about rushing the season. I don't know who won, but they were all very serious about it. And then Lee told me we won't be able to put blue stone up there. So I went back to Buddy's to find a porcelain tile that will work.


And, of course, the painters keep sanding and scraping and painting...


Miriam had discovered some time ago that the tennis court is not parallel to the house. So we have spent innumerable hours trying to decide if the walls should be parallel to the court or to the house. Given that we lived in the house for 25 years and never noticed the discrepancy, I wonder if it really makes alot of difference. We did finally decide how to do it, and I'm thinking of having a contest when everything is finished. I wonder if anyone will be able to tell which way we went.
There is rain in the forecast for the next few days so the woodworking shop has been moved inside. The living room and the master bedroom are now the domains of Katelyn, Bill and Kenny. And Lee had to downsize his office to the study. His view has changed from 'Lake Geneva' to the porta-potty. Talk about the sublime to the ridiculous.



In the basement, Bob is continuing the tiling of the guest bath - the shower is almost done.


And Rich is moving along with the trim.
Up on the sun deck over the front door, I found Lee, Bill and Bob playing some weird game of dradel. Talk about rushing the season. I don't know who won, but they were all very serious about it. And then Lee told me we won't be able to put blue stone up there. So I went back to Buddy's to find a porcelain tile that will work.


And, of course, the painters keep sanding and scraping and painting...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home