Our House

Friday, October 12, 2007

Mendin' and scrapin' and sandin'

On Wednesday, while I was going over the closet interiors with Jeffrey the closet guy, a few guys that I didn't recognize introduced themselves as the painters. I got a little nervous, since we've selected colors for about 1/5 of the house and I'm not even sure about that. Fortunately, it turns out they are the outside painters. They will be mending, scraping, sanding and finally painting all the trim on the house. They've made a good start bringing the trim down to the wood. In some places that probably hasn't happened for over 100 years.

Meanwhile, inside the house, the trimming is continuing. The bathtub in the 2nd floor guest bath is getting framed in preparation for it's top surround.



I'm not sure what the shovel is for. I know we don't have much in the way of heat or windows at the moment, but I'm relly hoping we won't be shoveling snow out of the 2nd floor come winta.





Vinnie delivered many pallets of stone for the stone walls he'll be building around the property. I love the color of the stone. It really matches the existing wall by the front garden.



I also went to a nursery today with Vinnie and Laura to start to look for trees to replace all the ones we so cavalierly took down. We saw some beautiful ones - I think this place is going to look pretty good one day.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home