Our House

Thursday, November 01, 2007

So good, so good




On Tuesday I took the morning off to be able to watch the Red Sox parade from the terrace inthe apartment. I'm assuming this is a once in a lifetime chance for me since we won't be living here the next time the Sox win the World Series. Right, Lee??? Actually, I didn't take the whole morning off - I went to a carpet store and found the carpet for Peter's study. I found alot of possibilities for our bedroom and the guest rooms, but nothing that speaks to me the way the study carpet did.

The parade was very cool. The people on the terrace next to us had catered affair with champagne and passed food. They smiled in my direction, but did not invite me to join them.



There was a huge police presence- on foot and on motorcycle as you can see in this photo.




I couldn't identify any of the players from my angle, but I did see the trophy on the comcast bus.




And then they moved on towards City Hall.



I tried to put on a video of the music, but Blogger was taking too long to process it. Maybe I'll try later.


After the parade I went to the house where it was also good:

Mike the mason's guys were there to put the bluestone cap on top of the wall of the structure over the front door (we have to get a name for that). It is a shame we'll have to add a railing to it since the stone looks so good by itself. But we have to keep to code.




Also, Katelyn was prepping the the area around the vestibule that will be painted. The idea is for the painters to stay a couple of steps ahead of the stucco guys.



Inside, Bob prepped the 2nd floor guest bath to begin tiling. It's been so long since I chose the tile - I really hope I still like it.




Time for CSI. I'll try to post more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home