The walls will begin
Today Peter and I met with Lee and Vinnie and Little Vinnie to discuss the walls for the tennis court. I am pleased to report that we have resolved all the questions about height, positioning and length of all walls and the Vinnies are going to begin work tomorrow. Yay! Of course the first thing they have to do is remove the old wall, so there won't be much to see for a few days.
It was such a beautiful day today that Katelyn and Bill took their woodworking shop outside. Katelyn was making the shelves that will go in the suitcase closet. And Bill went up to consult with Ken about taking the stucco off around the bay in Peter's dressing room and replacing it with trim so all the bays will have the same design on the outside.


And the painters keep on sanding and scraping and painting.

Bob the tile guy wasn't here today, but I guess he was here sometime this weekend. He did the floor in the sink area in Emily's room. Hopefully he'll be back tomorrow to finish up the basement guest bath and start on the 2nd floor guest bath.

Also, inside, the 'night tables' in Sarah's room, which are actually shelves built in to the wall, have been installed. They will be painted trim color and there will be an electrical outlet on the back of the lower shelf. I think I've picked out all the paint colors for the 3rd floor. I just have to decide which color goes in which room. I also selected flooring for the large closets on the 3rd floor and I think we're all set for carpet- so except for furniture, bathroom fixtures, a few more built-ins, and lighting fixtures, window treatments, the 3rd floor is just about done. More or less.

And we have a new member of the team. Rich the carpenter has joined us to help move along all the woodwork that has to be done in the house.


1 Comments:
Do I get a say in the color of my room? I think I'd like it to go back to that lovely turquoise color that it once was...
By
Emily, at 6:44 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home