more trees down
After a good meeting with Laura and Lee about the garage, driveway and shed areas, we determined more trees would have to go. It was a bit too much for me, so Peter did the overseeing with Little Vinnie.


I have to admit it's alot easier to envision what it will look like now that there is a big hole there.
Lee came up with a great idea for the placement of the shed which will give us more planting space closer to the house and allow a meandering pathway for the tennis court guys to bring equipment to the court. And I think we have a final footprint for the garage so we can get final plans and the permit.
While Peter was out with the trees, I showed the interior progress to Emily and Simon and Eli. They haven't seen the house since June. Simon loved all the closets in the 3rd floor - even the dark, spooky ones, but I think his favorite is the one in Sarah's room where there was a little ready-made stoop for him sit on.

Emily and Eli seemed to prefer the brightness of the new den.

When I went back outside, I found Peter and Lee talking together. The last time they had alone- time together, we ended up doing a garage. I'm bracing myself to hear about their newest idea - enclose the tennis court with a moveable dome or something equivalent. I'm practicing saying 'NO'.

Here's a view of the side yard with the wall down. The new wall will be lower, and the whole area will be very pretty and inviting and private- at least that's what Laura promises.



I have to admit it's alot easier to envision what it will look like now that there is a big hole there.
Lee came up with a great idea for the placement of the shed which will give us more planting space closer to the house and allow a meandering pathway for the tennis court guys to bring equipment to the court. And I think we have a final footprint for the garage so we can get final plans and the permit.
While Peter was out with the trees, I showed the interior progress to Emily and Simon and Eli. They haven't seen the house since June. Simon loved all the closets in the 3rd floor - even the dark, spooky ones, but I think his favorite is the one in Sarah's room where there was a little ready-made stoop for him sit on.

Emily and Eli seemed to prefer the brightness of the new den.

When I went back outside, I found Peter and Lee talking together. The last time they had alone- time together, we ended up doing a garage. I'm bracing myself to hear about their newest idea - enclose the tennis court with a moveable dome or something equivalent. I'm practicing saying 'NO'.

Here's a view of the side yard with the wall down. The new wall will be lower, and the whole area will be very pretty and inviting and private- at least that's what Laura promises.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home