How many carpenters does it take to
Early in the week, Katelyn and Bill began installing the new doors in the lower level (aka basement) .They really help to make the space look finished. And they work! Now it's my turn to get to work: I have to select door handles. I've decided that on this level and on the 3rd floor we will not have the round glass knobs. So now I know what we won't have...
And the painters are moving along doing the outside trim. I really like the color of the trim; I wish I knew what color the stucco will be. Hopefully we'll finalize that in the coming week.
Thursday was probably the busiest day of the week. When I showed up for our meeting, I found the corrian guy was there installing the top on the guest bath tub. This is very exciting because it means that Bob the tile guy can tile the guest bath once the corrian sets. Okay, maybe it's not very exciting, but it is a tangible sign of progress.
At the meeting with Lee and Miriam, we concentrated on the garage and deck. I think we are good to go in terms of design - we just need all the plans from the various engineers so we can get the permit. Miriam will also draw the shed into the plans so there are no surprises for the town.
Then Laura came by and we spent time outside finalizing the placement of the tennis court walls and the evergreens that will come in to replace all the maples that came down.
I took this picture from one end of the tennis court. With all the trees gone, we seem to have gained an enormous amount of additional space

On Friday, Brian came back, with Eric, to do some work on the electrical so we can have lights and power where the guys need them without having to do a Rube Goldberg exercise. Brian explained how he will set up the patch panel and surge protectors later on.
It'd be nice if Nstar would come hook up the new meter. We've been on their priority list for about a month. I wonder what happens when people aren't in a hurry?












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home