Grout and gutters
The problem with this phase of the project is that things are happening so slowly. It's great to watch the progress, but I really am itching to see something finished.
For example, Bob's been moving along with the tiling; the grout is done in the tub area of the 3rd floor bath and he's started the lower level guest bath which I really love. The accent looks great.
But now I want to see the fixtures in and the bathrooms finished. Unfortunately, we've got a long way to go. I guess I'll have to be patient and appreciate the little changes every day.
Today the gutter guys were here installing gutters on the addition. Happily, they look just like the gutters on the rest of the house.
And Katelyn, Ken and Bill continue doing their thing: trimming, sealing, patching:
Tomorrow I'm meeting with the closet guy to begin design on Peter's and my closets. Anthony, the floor guy, is also coming to look at the fir floors and where we want to add more fir, and hopefully I'll be able to order the carpet from him for the 3rd floor, and maybe the lower level guest room. Then hopefully I'll go to Buddy's Budget to find tile for the laundry room floor. I love Buddy's - their motto is 'if we ain't got it, we ain't got'. And they mean it.
I've been talking with Wendy at the cabinet place and I think we are getting close to all the cabinet designs for the basement areas and laundry room and Peter's bath. And Lee says that soon they will start building the built-ins in the living room and the lower level stairs. Can't wait.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home