and the mess goes on
I came back from a few days away to find alot of progress - that is if you can call total destruction progress. The laundry room, back door and back hall are now completely gone and the family room is down to bare studs with a few holes under the sliding glass doors.


The guest room is also down to studs with a nice crawl space into the guest bath. Maybe we should keep that - it gives an 'en suite' effect.
And the guest bathroom is also going down today:
Before we started this project, I blithely thought we'd be able to keep certain things, like carpet on the stairs which is fairly new and in great condition. I'm thinking now maybe we'll replace it:
Progress is being made outside also. There is now a platform that kind of looks like a floor over the new foundation. It helps define the space. Today the masons were there to start putting the stone on the sides of the poured foundation.
Lee had good news and bad news from the electric company. We can put our electric box pretty much anyplace we want, so at least we can make inconspicuous. But they won't let us use their
conduit pipe to run phone or cable wires. So they'll run their pipe and Lee will have to run another next to it for the other utilities. Because of that, we may use the 'if it anin't broke don't fix it' philosophy and just keep the cable and phone cables where they are.
I expect that tomorrow I will see at least a partial stone wall at the foundation and no guest bath. And who knows what else.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home