Our House

Monday, December 04, 2006

Catching up






Thursday was a long day. Verizon showed up on time and spent about 3 hours at the apartment setting up our phone lines. He finally left with everything working except line2 which was supposed to start working in about an hour. Fifteen minutes after he left, I made a phone call and after that the phones stopped working - except for the house line. Throughout the weekend the phone service was haphazard - except for the house line. What did we do before cell phones? This morning, another Verizon guy showed up, and after about 3 hours he left with all lines working - except for the house line. Oh well.



The cable guys also showed up on time, and set up our cable after warning us that the cable wiring inside this building is very old and doesn't really support HD or digital totally consistantly. Oh well. They did give us a modem for internet since DSL won't be available til 7 to 10 days after our phones start working. Peter spent the rest of the day and a good part of Friday installing the modem and trying to get our router connected. The service was painfully slow when the router was on, and a little better without the router. SLightly faster than dial-up. Oh well.

The movers showed up around 2:30 and got everything moved in by about 8. Itshould have gone faster, but they had to share the elevator so there was alot of waiting. Oh well. After they left, Peter and I unpacked a few of the 70+ boxes and then went out and walked to a restaurant for dinner. I'm going to like living here.

On Friday, after unpacking a bunch of boxes we went to check on the house. Lee was digging - I guess he gave up on getting a digger that worked - they kept having mechanical problems. Inside we found the washer and drier in the living room; there was a toilet in the front hall; and you could see the laundry room (what was left of it) through the wall in the family room. And now there is really alot of dust.

I'm having some trouble downloading photos now; so I'll continue this at a later time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home