Our House

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Moving along






I got a little nervous this morning when Isaac's moving truck showed up at 8am. They aren't scheduled to finish our move til the last week in November. At first I thought Lee had called them as a subtle way to get us out of the house NOW. Fortunately, it seems that Isaac's is here for the people across the street.



I was looking out the window when I noticed a toilet near the dumpster. I did a quick inventory in the house, and, happily, all our toilets are intact. Lee had mentioned that he would be renting a port-a-potty when they cut the plumbing pipes, but somehow I had envisioned a more discreet setting. Or maybe this toilet is the buried treasure we were hoping to find during the digging. I'll have to put it on e-bay.






Alot was accomplished today in spite of frequent downpours: the formsmen came and set up the new forms in the foundation hole. They had the tallest truck I have ever seen when they had the crane part at its full height. We definitely won in the bigget truck category today. Then it was another case of waiting around for the concrete truck to show up. They got here after 4 and it was already getting dark so the pictures came out a little murky. It was pitch dark by the time they left so I have no idea if all the forms got filled in- I guess I'll find out in the morning.

In the meantime, in the basement, Katelyn and Bill were making us windows. You've heard of Marvin windows; I guess these are Lee windows. They are very nice, and hopefully keep the rain out (and the animals), but they don't enhance the view.
Another good discovery was that a chimney stack in the basement can be removed which will give us even more space. Lee thinks we should dis the pool table and make the basement a bowling alley. We'll see.
We also confirmed today that we can move in to the Boston apartment on the 30th which means we'll be out of here on the 29th. Everybody was happy to hear that news.

1 Comments:

  • I'm glad you will celebrate my birthday by moving. Don't forget to buy me presents (I don't want that "buried treasure" of a toilet that is in your backyard).

    By Blogger Emily, at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home