Our House

Monday, November 20, 2006

Deja-vu all over again

Friday was pretty much a repeat of Thursday: wait for the rain to stop; drain the water out of the foundation hole; put up forms; wait for concrete...
Once the rain stopped, it was pretty warm for most of the day which I guess was helpful. The formsmen were back to remove the old forms and put up the next layer of forms for the next layer of concrete.


This time Lee played cat's cradle with Bill. I believe this is a cutting edge form of measuring.



With the forms up so high now, I am beginning to see the shape of the vestibule and the new den. It's amazing how it looks so big on paper and a little small in real life. The concrete truck never made on Friday, so I guess it'll be Monday morning.

Katelyn spent most of her day in the basement removing the remaining windows and replacing them with her own special touch.

Inside, I've been making small progress in getting ready to go. We have a new Boston phone number and I've made arrangements with comcast and the electric company. I'm also trying to go through our remaining belongings in the house to see what else I can send to storage. So much for being through with packing.

We were out of town for the weekend, and since it had been so warm, I had forgotten about having no heat on the 2nd floor. It was a bit nippy up there when we got home Sunday night. But I turned up the heat on the 1st floor and closed doors to unused rooms and it wasn't too bad. I guess we can tough it out for one more week. At least we still have cable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home