Our House

Monday, November 27, 2006

Tic tac toe

Today was a beautiful day to get back to work after the long weekend. Yesterday Peter and I did our last 'final' run to storage. Now everything in the house will either come with us to Boston later this week, or be tossed.
The NSTAR guy was here this morning along with the electrician to decide where to put the electric meter. Peter and I had found the perfect spot earlier, but we got outvoted and it will be placed under the new bay in the addition. That actually makes alot of sense since it will allow for non-Rube Goldberesque conduit runs - a big change in this house.

The little digger (aka the backhoe) will arrive tomorrow. I guess Lee really needed a toy, cause he went and got a concrete-cutter to start digging up the basement floor. It is very noisy. I think he just got it so he could wear the cool head gear.




Naturally, it was up to Katelyn to actually use the machine and not just model the accoutrements. So far it seems all the machine has done is carve a tic tac toe game in the floor.




The flat part of the ceiling in the garage is completely down now. Poor Bill - it was very dusty work. And still no buried treasure.


I was chatting with Lee for a few minutes this afternoon. He said shortly after we leave he'll probably take down the structure over the front door. Then he said something about tearing down the bathrooms. He gets this gleam in his eye when he talks about destruction I hope he gets as excited about building stuff back up. To be fair, he did say that he hopes to get the framing of the addition done soon. I can't wait to see that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home