Our House

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Meanwhile,back inside

We got our driveway back about 9:00 this morning when the form guys left. They took all the forms with them. It was pretty cool watching them load the forms onto the truck. It amazes me how precise the claws can be on these huge trucks.









With the forms gone we can really start to see the shape of the addition. The inspector will hopefully come tomorrow and then I think it's the mason's turn to build stone walls around the concrete.







Meanwhile, inside, Katelyn was busy removing the the chimney in the basement while Bill started taking down the ceiling in the old garage which will become the indoor-outdoor room. It's starting to get dusty up in the house again, but it'snothing compared to the dust they were breathing in downstairs.

We had our weekly meeting with Lee andMiriam. I think we're starting to get into a rhythm now - the meeting only lasted just over 2 hours this time, instead of 3 or 4 or more, and we stuck to the agenda, and I think we finalized some things. After the meeting, Lee and Miriam continued talking, probably undoing everything Peter and I thought we had all agreed on.


By the end of the day the chimney in the basement was just a pile of bricks on the floor.
I think a little digger is coming tomorrow to start breaking up the basement floor. I guess we'll have to share the driveway again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home