Our House

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Decisions made

The weeks are going by way too quickly now. The hope is to move our stuff out of storage and into the house in about 7 weeks. With that in mind, I'm finding it a little easier to be decisive... about some things, anyway.
I was concerned that the powder room in the indoor outdoor room might have noise issues since it is really right in the room. So I thought that having cork walls could help muffle sound. I am pleased to say it only took about 1 hour total to select samples at the store, bring them home and decide which to do in the powder room. It's a done deal, Lee will order it tomorrow and I will not look back. The photo skews the color a bit, but it really goes well with the tile.


Also, final answer, we will paint the trim in the den, and in the indoor outdoor room. I was toying with the idea of stain, but Peter thought it might look too much like a hunting lodge. Good point - paint it is.
I also had to decide which way to hinge the door for the ironing board. That was a pretty easy call since in truth I'mnot sure when it will ever be opened. Rich installed the door and also fitted out the closet and installed the doors so the laundry room is now ready for paint, built-ins and appliances.

I met with Suzanne at Porcelain and Brass to select all the perifery stuff for the bathrooms. I started being a little wishy-washy - couldn't make final decisions, but we did make a good start.
Probably the biggest decision was the chandelier for the dining room. Peter and I actually found one we both really like, So we bought it! I hope now I can move forward on all the other lighting fixtures.
And I also decided how to finish the billiard closet. Details later.
But enough about me. Here's what the team did since my last post:
Katelyn and Bill finished up the china cabinet for the dining room which included matching the trim to the fireplace trim and preparing the upper doors for the leaded glass.


Bob and Matt have finished the tiling and grouting and also the enhancing of the guest bath floor. Here's a photo of it in process where you can still see some of the tiles that are washed out looking. I guess the tiles didn't take the wash evenly so Bob had to get creative to get it all to match, but he did.

And I love the basement floor (and Peter does too). It is precisely what we wanted. Lee and Kenny figured out how to make the stairs floating (it's not done yet) and opened everything up so Bob could tile underneath
.

I took walk into the garge to see the storage closet that will be there. It's small, but hopefully we can store outdoor furniture there in the winter. And the wall and stairs are coming along. It'll be great if some day we can go up the stairs and not immediately fall back down into the garage.

Lee picked up Peter's vanity. It's not installed yet, but it is just what we were hoping for. And it fits in his bathroom! His sink should be in this week, then the whole thing can be installed and we can do the template for the countertop, and get Phil back to do the final measurements for the shower door. Oh, and then I guess I'll have to select a lighting fixture.


And Daniel is back, working his magic refinishing the wood trim.


Today, all the other built-ins are scheduled to be delivered. Naturally it's raining; I hope that won't hold things up. I am going to be out of town (of course) so no photos til next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home