Our House

Tuesday, January 29, 2008



On Sunday Peter and I went to the house to try to finalize the 1st floor paint colors. We were also anxious to see the progress since last Wednesday. We are still unsure about colors for living room, dining room, pantry and family room. But everything else is looking good.

Once the floor was finished in the laundryroom I was afraid the color I had picked for the walls would be too orange. But I think it'll be fine:



The painters were on the 3rd floor doing the trim. It really makes a difference to have that done. Next, I guess they'll paint the doors and then stain the built-ins.



Speaking of built-ins, the window seat in the living room is almost done. I am very relieved that it is pretty unobtrusive,not overtaking the room. And there will be a fair amount of storage. Yay. The seat itself is so long that I think I will have 2 cushions on it. And the new edge around the old built-in cabinets looks great. Our team is so good with details(along with everything else).



The doorway to the basement was blocked. I guess Bob didn't want anyone walking on the tiles. But we're the home owners, so we removed the barricade and went tdown to see the floor. We stayed on the stairs out of respect (and fear). Unfortunately, all the cutting equipment was on top of the tile 'rug', so I couldn't get a good shot of it. But the dots are coming out nicely in the 'pantry' area.


When I saw Bob on Monday, he said we got lucky, and the dots just mess the toe-kick of the built-ins by a few inches. I know that it's skill, not luck. Also on Monday, Bill and Katelyn got busy in the dining room making the new built-in cabinet. Actually, this photo only shows that they got busy destroying the old one, but I have confidence that a new one is on the way.


And Kenny is reversing hinges and door knobs on the doors that we want to have swing the other way.



I am meeting with Laura this morning to go over the changed plans for the side yard wall and landscape and hopefullystart talking about the front. Too bad about the snow on the ground. I'm getting a little tired of this charming New England winter. I hope the groundhog gives us an early Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home