Our House

Thursday, January 17, 2008



Well, I guess we can move in now - the ironing board has been installed. It looks very nice and I figured out how to lower and raise it and how to lower the little arm thing. I'm hoping it comes with instructions how to actually iron, or better yet, maybe it will come with a person who will do the ironing.








Bob and I spent alot of time in the basement trying to figure out a tile pattern that will work. Actually he did the figuring, while I just stood there nodding and pretending that I was following all the numerical things he was saying. I had no idea one had to know so much math to do tiling. After a bunch of measuring and marking, he finally said we had something that will work. I really hope he wrote it down, cause I doubt we'll be able to re-create it from scratch.








Upstairs everyone was very busy:




Kenny is installing thresholds








Matt is finishing up the grouting in Peter's bathroom








Next, he can do the vestibule since Bob has finished the tiling there








Rich is either cleaning the top of the kitchen cabinets or installing crown molding. Either way it's a worthwhile task








And Katelyn is taking a much needed coffee break








Outside, the well diggers told Lee that they are getting lots of water so there will be no problem using the well for the sprinkler system as well as the HVAC. That's really good news. They got down to about 300 feet and the goal is 1000. It's slower going now with all the water, but hopefully they'll be done by early next week. Looks like we will have central heating in the house before it gets hot outside!









I'm not entirely clear on how the digging process works, but once they hit water, I guess it has to be removed as they continue digging. So the water is pumped out along with grit and muck from the grinding of rock. That all pours into the red bin which then strains out the water and sends it back into the ground elsewhere ( in our case, it went through that green hose into a pipe that is planted under the trash can cover.
More on the process in the next entry since probably no one will read this one again.

1 Comments:

  • What exactly is that little arm thing for on the ironing board? And if an ironing board comes with someone to do the ironing, let me know and maybe I'll actually buy one!

    By Blogger Emily, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home