The walls are up for the garage - and, thankfully they are made of cement, not ice or snow. Although an igloo is definitely not an inappropriate form of housing so far this winter.


Hopefully, they'll be able to get the walls tented and heated so the masons will be able to put on the stone. I don't know - it looks like this is going to be a real New England winter. We already have more snow from the last 2 storms than we had all last winter. And it's snowing again now.
The guys were supposed to come to dig the well for the HVAC this week, but it's been put off til next week. I really hope they show up. It's a bit pricey to heat the entire house with electric space heaters.
Fortunately, the weather is not stopping progress inside.


Hopefully, they'll be able to get the walls tented and heated so the masons will be able to put on the stone. I don't know - it looks like this is going to be a real New England winter. We already have more snow from the last 2 storms than we had all last winter. And it's snowing again now.
The guys were supposed to come to dig the well for the HVAC this week, but it's been put off til next week. I really hope they show up. It's a bit pricey to heat the entire house with electric space heaters.
Fortunately, the weather is not stopping progress inside.
The flooring is continuing slowly but surely. The den is done and it looks like a real room now with floor and window casing and window sills. And we even selected the vent covers for the ducts.


The paints are ready and waiting on the third floor

Katelyn made up many paint sample boards so Peter and I have been able to actually finalize a couple of room colors. Hopefully the rest will be done by the end of next week. Katelyn is also doing samples of stains for the floors - this is becoming much more difficult than I anticipated. It's not going to be easy to get the old fir, the new fir and the old oak all to look the same. Another challenge


Apparently Katelyn is our resident artist - when she isn't coloring wood, she is drawing on the walls of the study - laying out the pattern for the panelling.

Bill moved the wiring over in study since we've decided to move the position of Peter's desk (we must remember to buy a desk.) Katelyn was ostensibl helping, but I think she just wanted to show off her tatoo.


Kenny is almost finished with the beadboard in the 2nd floor guest bath. I'm really glad we decided to do it. And Peter and I both like the color I chose for the walls.

Uh oh - blog problems. to be continued, with more updates and photos - I hope
Okay, I'm back.
Lee has moved his office back down to the basement. That's where he started, but I am happy to report that it looks a little better down there now. And it will only get better from here.
Phil the glass man came on Thursday morning to measure for all the shower doors and mirrors. Unfortunately, the hinges we used for shower doors last time are no longer available, but I know Phil will find a way to get us just what we want.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home