Our House

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Another busy week

Joshua came to visit us this past week. Sarah and Jon brought him here, and on Sunday we took them to see the house. I think they approve. They gave us their opinions on the paint choices, although I don'tknowif I'll listen to them any more than I listen to Peter. Joshua was really more interested in the snow outside.



Francisco the painter was there. He was working on the 3rd floor closets and also he put a second coat on the bedrooms and did the bathroom. In spite of what they say about the Ben Moore new paint, it seems that 2nd coats make a difference










Bill and Katelyn have finished the panelling in the front hall powder room:





Now they are working on the window seat in theliving room while Kenny is fixing the existing built-ins. I was a little nervous that putting in more built-ins would crowd the room, but it looks like it'll be fine.




In the basement, Peter and I had realised we made a mistake about the storage space under the stairs. I guess we had forgotten how it was before, so we didn't realize that the new way was very intrusive until we saw it. We spoke to Lee about it, redesigned it, and it will be more like the original, only better, of course. Lee will actually construct it so there is proper support. We will still have some storage directly under the stairs, but we will have more floor space and a less cramped feeling as we come down the stairs. Eventually, there will be no support studs, jsut open space.

There's more to tell, but I'm afraid blogger won't let me put on more photos, so I'll continue in another entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home