Tiling progress and more about the well
I guess it's completed now and I think Bob was doing the area at the bottom of the stairs today. I can't wait to see the whole thing. Hopefully it will inspire me to choose the paint colors for the whole lower level.
The tiling is also finished in the laundry room - I guess I don't have a photo of it c ompleted, but I think it looks alot less busy now that it's done than it looked when it was in process.
So the well diggers are gone. They packed up their gear, emptied the red container of all the muck, and left. They told Lee we are getting about 50 gallons per minute which is better than excellent. I guess they consider about 10 gallons a minute to be adequate. This means we will have no problem using the water for our irrigation system, and if we ever want to, we can use it for our house water. The next stepis for the well guys to install the piping and pump. They came yesterday to begin with the shroud pipe (sounds deadly) which will go from the well up to the pump and into the house. That should be finished on Monday. Then they can install the pump which may have to run for a couple of days to get the water clear. Then a sample is taken to make sure the water has no bad stuff in it. If it does, we'll have to filter it. THEN, we can get the inside equipment installed, hooked up to the pump and - ta da- central heat!!!
While I was outside taking pictures, I decided to warm up in the mason's tent. They are moving along with the stone wall and the stairs to the deck.
Finally - big news: Lee said that Peter's vanity was scheduled to be finished yesterday. Hopefully he will pick it up on Monday. Can't wait to see it. I really hope it fits.











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home