The rest of last week in review
Most of the action on Thursday and Friday took place outside - including the snow.

The forms went up for the walls of the garage, and the concrete truck was supposed to come on Thursday to fill them. But snow came instead. And as Lee explained: in winter the concrete companies cut back on the number of trucks they use since there is less going on. And the big jobs get preference, so I guess we have to wait til the shopping malls are poured. Peter and I were a little worried that the forms would fill up with snow and we'd end up with an igloo instead of a garage. But everything got covered up before the storm.
Lee got to the house very early on Friday morning and not only plowed out our non-existent driveway, but he plowed the whole street. And he did a muchmore thorough job than the town does - we actually have enough space for 2 cars to go by at the same time.


The concrete trucks did show up on Friday, and managed to pour all the walls. They have this cool truck with a very long neck that shoots the concrete into the forms.

Katelyn is taking her other job of back-up photographer very seriously. Although I did notice that while I was stomping around outside in the snow, she took her pix from the windows.


The guys went back to take the forms down over the weekend. Lee says we do have concrete walls, not ice walls. That's a relief. Can't wait to see them
We got hit with another storm yesterday. I hope everything is still standing. The rain after the snow has made the snow as heavy as concrete. I worry about the sun deck over the front door.
How I long for last winter's weather.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home