Our House

Friday, December 15, 2006




Yeserday I arrived for our weekly meeting to find Lee and Miriam in the basement with Carmine the structural engineer. They were trying to figure out how many lally columns can be removed and still have the house remain standing. They worked really hard to accomodate our pool table space issues with a plan B, and we really appreciate that. Then, in the course of our meeting welearned that we don't need asmuch space as we thought for the pool table so we can actually go back plan A which made Lee so happy he offered to eliminate a column in a different area as a reward.



More destruction was taking place inside - they broke through the closet in Joshua's room to expand Peter's bathroom. And they started taking down the ceiling in our bedroom.



Outside alot of actual construction is happening! Marc and Katelyn have started framing the bay for the den , and Mike and his band of masons are continuing building the stone wall. I think Mike is very pleased - he's apparently calling someone to tell about the great job they are doing.



I saw Katelyn stamping on the frame of the bay. I guess she figured if it could hold her, it wouldn't fall down. These guys are so scientific!

Our meeting was very good even though we didn't really cover anything on the agenda I work so hard to organize each week. But we did resolve the lally column issue and we have made a final decision about placement of the electric meter. Little steps, but very fulfilling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home