more progress
I just stopped by the house for a few minutes yesterdaysince I had to be at the apartment starting at noon to wait for various people. Things are moving along nicely. In our bedroom there is no closet and no ceiling and no ductwork over the fireplace.
One of the issues in our bedroom and in a couple of other rooms is the profile of the baseboards and moldings. When we had walls re-plastered 25 years ago, they were done over the existing walls thereby leaving almost no dimension to trim. We had been trying to figure out how to get some dimension back without redoing all the trim and without affecting the ability of doors to open and close properly. Now,with the closet gone, Lee can see how the 2nd wall was applied and he and I decided the best thing is to take off the wall and just do the whole thing right. Hopefully he will be able to save the existing trim to re-use.
In the upstairs hall, the ductwork along the edge of the ceiling has been exposed, ready to be removed. It will be so nice to have all the ceiling height back to its original.
It's a bit frustrating to see how much longer construction takes vs destruction. The addition looks pretty much the way it did the day before, as does the stonework, although everything is more defined. You can really see the foot print of the addition. I can't wait to see some walls.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home