Our House

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm back







I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since my last post. Shame on me. I will try to catch up, and hope the photos will jog my memory. Fortunately, Bill and Katelyn took on the roles of official photographers while I was out of town. I still have to organize the photos, so they will appear later. I hope to be completely up to date by the end of this week.
Here's a general list of what's been going on, in no particular order:

The pillars are in at the front door - very sleek, much better than the old, clumsy stucco-covered pillars. Thank you, Miriam,for convincing us to do it this way.




The tiling is finished on the 'sun deck' above the front door. It looks so good that now we'll have to figure out a use for the area.

All the trees are in at the bottom of the driveway that could be planted in winter. We have some privacy again, but it still needs a bit of work. Peter and I aren't happy about the position of the pine that was moved from our yard. It's probably too cold now to do anything about it, but we will have to move it in the spring. Otherwise, it looks great. The trees we selected are really beautiful - I hope they are happy in their new home. Laura is confident they will be fine.

The wall in the side yard is really taking shape - including the curve around the hemlock. Right now the wall looks overly tall, but that's because we will be adding about 2 feet of grade at the base.

Sal and Lee have been digging away to prepare for the foundation of the garage. (Yes we finally got the permit, although I don't know if it is actually on the site yet). They put in new sewer lines last week.

While we were in Israel, I called Lee one day to check in and he told me they had just removed the driveway and walkway to the front door. He really likes to do major stuff when I'm not there.

The foundation has been poured for the garage walls and the forms set fr the walls.I believe today they are pouring the next round of concrete for the walls. It'll be so much easier to envision the landscaping once we have a real definition of the garage.

Next week the guys will be here to drill the well for the HVAC system. I really hope they find water.

Inside, the wood trim has been moving along. I'm told the new floors are being laid and the patching is being done so the finishers can come early next week to begin sanding, staining, etc.
That means we won't be doing anything on the 3 main floors. But there is still plenty to do in the basement - I mean lower level. And of course, outside.

The tiling for Peter's bath has been moving along.



I can't remember what else has been going on. I'm heading to the house now. Will update with photos and more info later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home