Our House

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hurry up and wait



Friday would have been such a good day to get alot of outside work done. It was so beautiful. Unfortunately the next step was pouring concrete which meant waiting for the cement truck to deliver. Since there had been bad weather earlier in the week, all the concrete people were backed up. Lee finally found someone who promised to deliver around 1:30.
Katelyn, Bill and Lee didn't seem too put out by the delay...


Finally the truck showed up at about 3:30. Lee was happy it arrived before dark. I'm really sorry Joshua and Simon (and even Eli) couldn't be here to see this. I was mesmerized watching concrete make it's way down the slide into the forms. I'm starting to think I was really meant to be a construction worker and not a princess. The team always looks like they are having so much fun playing in the muck.

After waiting about 8 hours for the concrete to arrive, they got all the forms poured in about an hour.




Saturday was a nice day for the cement to get a good start at drying, but today is a complete washout. And I guess it's supposed to be wet for the next couple of days. Doesn't sound too hopeful for outdoor progress. I wonder if the basement will see some action this week.
Stay tuned; I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home