Let there be light
It is very cool the way the painters do the spraying. First they brush the windows panes with a liquid film that dries into a kind of plastic-wrap consistency. Then they put on their alien uniforms and masks and spray the room with abandon. So the paint covers everything including the windows. When they are done, it's pretty dark. Then they take a razor and peel off the film from the windows - and behold! Brightness and factory finish trim.

After one of the interminable rain and or snow storms we've had in the last weeks, I was
checking out the big closet in Sarah's room. Lee pointed out that the chimney is no longer leaking. Should I be nervous that the way they stopped the leaking was by covering the chimney with plastic? I wonder if it's the type that peels off like the kind kind the painters use.

Brian has been here every day getting us set up electrically. The blue phone cables are being sorted out. He gave the yellow ethernet cables a huge haircut in order to make them nice and neat. He said there are 18 cable wires - I know of 14 places for TV's. I wonder what Peter isn't telling me. I have to call the phone company and comcast to get them to run their cables from the street into the house. I wonder how long that will take. I hope they are more organized than the gas company was.


Bill set up templates for us to approve for the shelf for the take-out window in the kitchen/vestibule and for the faucets and sink placement in Peter's bathroom.
Here's a picture of Peter ordering a half caf espresso mocha latte with skim milk and whipped cream. We're hoping to get a Starbuck's franchise in here to help with the costs.
If that doesn't work, maybe I can just have some pretty fresh flowers on the shelf.

I was surprised that the longer faucet was the right one for Peter's sink. Fortunately, Suzanne from Porcelain and Brass had sent us the longer and the shorter ones to try. Some things aren't intuitive. We also found that the sink would be better closer to the front rather than against the wall. Now we are ready for the countertop folks to come do the templates.



After one of the interminable rain and or snow storms we've had in the last weeks, I was
checking out the big closet in Sarah's room. Lee pointed out that the chimney is no longer leaking. Should I be nervous that the way they stopped the leaking was by covering the chimney with plastic? I wonder if it's the type that peels off like the kind kind the painters use.

Brian has been here every day getting us set up electrically. The blue phone cables are being sorted out. He gave the yellow ethernet cables a huge haircut in order to make them nice and neat. He said there are 18 cable wires - I know of 14 places for TV's. I wonder what Peter isn't telling me. I have to call the phone company and comcast to get them to run their cables from the street into the house. I wonder how long that will take. I hope they are more organized than the gas company was.


Bill set up templates for us to approve for the shelf for the take-out window in the kitchen/vestibule and for the faucets and sink placement in Peter's bathroom.
Here's a picture of Peter ordering a half caf espresso mocha latte with skim milk and whipped cream. We're hoping to get a Starbuck's franchise in here to help with the costs.
If that doesn't work, maybe I can just have some pretty fresh flowers on the shelf.

I was surprised that the longer faucet was the right one for Peter's sink. Fortunately, Suzanne from Porcelain and Brass had sent us the longer and the shorter ones to try. Some things aren't intuitive. We also found that the sink would be better closer to the front rather than against the wall. Now we are ready for the countertop folks to come do the templates.

Let me introduce Don and Paul - the heating guys. They are the inside team, and have been diligently installing the air handlers, filters, humidifiers. Everything is being insulated so it will be super quiet and efficient and the bonus is that it all looks very psychedelic.


By the way, the well guy never did show up during the week. Now they're saying Monday. We'll see... In the mean time between Brian and Paul and Don we will be able to at least run resistant heat (that means electric-$$$) once the painters uncover the vents in all the rooms. It'll be expensive but still cheaper than running space heaters in every room.
And just when I thought I had done all the color decisions - we have to decide how to stain the trim in the basement powder room. The darker color that matches the rest of the house and that actually is in the cork here and there, or the lighter color that basically matches the cork.




Any thoughts? , anyone?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home