The aliens have landed



And I think I found their spaceship up on the 3rd floor:

And some of their furniture:
Whoever they are, they're doing a nice job on the painting. The trim is coming out nice and smooth,just the finish we want. And so far I'm ok with the colors I've chosen. I was very nervous about the guest room being too orange, but I think it'll be fine, especially once the carpet is in. And the guest bath is looking good.

These photos don't show the true colors. And while we are talking about the paint - we made one rather important discovery: the new Aura paint line claims that one coat is enough so even though it is twice as expensive the cost ends up being the same as using 2 coats of regular paint. So far, we have had to do 2 coats of the aura in every room. Which actually does make it twice as expensive as the regular paint. It looks nice on the walls but I'm not sure it's twice as nice. Paul has a sample of one of our colors in the regular paint so we are going to try it and see if it looks noticeably different.
Barry joined our forces this week. He's in charge of staining all the new trim so that it will look like the hundred year old trim that Daniel is working on making look like new. And Katelyn is still up on the 3rd floor staining all the built-ins up there.

Kenny's back down in the basement this week putting the cork floor on the powder room walls in the indoor/outdoor room. I am very impressed with the way it is coming out. As Heidi says, it really brings the brick in the ceiling of the I/O room. I always keep bathroom doors closed,but this is lookingso good, I may make an exception.
Unfortunately the room is so small, it's impossible to get a decent picture.
Brian was back, withEric, and they were wiring for phone, cable, and going live with more outlets and switches. Brian and I went through the house and decided which switches would have dimmers and what colors plates would be everywhere. Another decision to cross off the list.
And Lee and I went through all the bathrooms to measure for rods.
That's it for tonight. Tomorrow I'll introduce Don and Paul, the indoor HVAC guys who are hooking up the air handlers. Speaking of HVAC, the well guys are supposed to come tomorrow to install the pump. We'll see.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home