Our House

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Muhammed Lee





I arrived at the house the other day to see waves of dust powdering up everywhere. When I went to the indoor/outdoor room (we have to get another name for that room) I found Lee sandblasting the brick. Not a fun job - he and the ground were covered in fine black dust. But it was a fantastic result.


The brick ceiling has really come to life.

Lee and I have spent the last several days going through every room to determine finishes. I love the word 'finish'. This exercise makes me think we might be coming down the home stretch. Then I look around at all that still has to be done... But now we all know how all the trims will look and which will be painted and which stained. In fact, Ken is making good progress getting the trim up on the third floor:


Yesterday, I arrived in the afternoon to find that the doors to the indoor/outdoor room have been installed! I'm really sorry I missed getting photos of the ordeal of getting them in. And surprisingly, when I asked Bill if he'd take them out and do it again for a photo op, he said NO.
But they look great. As Lee says, now the room looks like a room and not a cave under the house. The only bad news is the number of panes of glass to keep clean. Andrew is doing a good job with it now, but I'm not sure he's ready to sign on full time as a window cleaner.




And, finally for today, Katelyn, here are a few random photos for your space in your seeming never ending job of prepping the window openings:

1 Comments:

  • Where's the pool gonna go?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home