Good day for packing; bad day for digging

The movers got here a little after 8 this morning and got right to work packing up our stuff. Today they just packed the small stuff that's going into storage. Tomorrow they will be back to wrap the furniture and load everything onto the truck(s) and move it out. We definitely scheduled this part of the move properly. It rained most of the day, but fortunately the movers could spend it inside instead of schlepping furniture.

Sadly, things didn't go as well outside. Mark was here early this morning and tried to keep working on the footings,
but finally he just got rained out. Lee came by also, and they told me that the walls of the foundation hole kept falling in, and it was useless to try to accomplish anything. So they left.
It really is pretty messy out there. I am sitting in the kitchen and I can here the mud sliding into the hole. The good news is that it's supposed to be dry and warm tomorrow. I guess if things don't dry out quickly enough we can go to plan B and make a pool by the back door instead of a vestibule.
Lee called at about 7 tonight to say he was coming over. At first I was afraid he was coming to dinner which I didn't really think was in the contract. Turns out he wasn't interested in dinner (lucky for him), he just wanted to try to pump out the water and stop the cave-in. Also probably not in the contract. Anyway, here's a shot of him at 7:45, standing in the rain try
ing to get the water out. I'm afraid it's a losing proposition tonight. Hopefully it'll really get up to 70 degrees tomorrow and things will dry out.
Emily explained to me how to place photos. Now I just don't know if it will republish so I'll have duplicates of today or if this one will replace the other. So if you are reading this AGAIN, I apologize.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home