Moving in day - part 1
Isaac's, the movers, are scheduled to come tomorrow morning to move in about 2/3 of the stuff we've had in storage. I went there this morning to go through all 9 crates and tell them what to bring to Brookline now and what to keep in storage for a bit longer (a bit = anything from 2 weeks to forever since there are some things we really don't want back. I spent 2 hours there trying to recognize our stuff. They were very nice and patient and opened some boxes so I could find out what was inside. I know I'll see the 6 crates that are coming tomorrow, but I left before they put all the rest back into the other crates. Hopefully nothing was left out.



Second floor guest bath:


I'm afraid to load more pix on so I'll try tomorrow to show lighting fixtures,the shed and hopefully - some furnished rooms!
Meanwhile, back at the house. While there is still alot to be done on the inside, and even more on the outside, it is definitely looking more put-back-together. All the painting is done except for touch-ups which is never-ending.

The floors are done; the carpet is installed except on the stairs (and there was a slight problem with the master bedroom but it's being fixed).
Guest bed in basement:
Second floor guest room:

Peter's study:
All the blinds are installed.

We have heat and A/C and hot water and we passed the plumbing inspection! And we passed the fire inspection twice (they forgot to sign the form the first time). Tomorrow is the electrical inspection and Brian has been working hard to get everything ready.
All the bathrooms are functioning even if they don't have all their accessories.
Third floor bath:
Second floor guest bath:
Port-a-potty:
Most of the wood trim is done - Barry is unbelievable the way he matches colors and textures and finishes. He did all the new trim in the kitchen and it looks like it came with the original.
Katelyn and Bill are working to finish the basement stairs. Ken is getting hinges and doorknobs installed.
We have all the new exterior doors. The good news is we actually have doors in the vestibule, pantry and family room. The bad news is that they are the wrong doors, but we will use them til the right ones come in.
Same with the grills covering the heating ducts. They're the wrong ones but we can use them til the right ones come in.
The walls outside are almost done, and Martin has come up with some very interesting ideas for landscaping.
















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home