Our House

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Uh-Oh

I have been pretty happy with the paint colors we chose throughout the house. The den was questionable, but now I like it. I've been nervous about the living room since it is such a big room and I was having alot of trouble choosing the right tone. Well, they finally painted the walls, and I felt like I was sitting in the middle of a bowl of lime jello. Ihad actually started eting used to the color. But Peter saw it for the first time last Thursday and said it looked like key-lime pie without the crust.


So Lee got a sample of the color we didn't choose for the room and Paul painted a portion of the wall with it. It's a little hard to tell for sure, but we think it will take the limeness out of the color, so we are going to go with it. Hopefully that will get done early this week - before the guys come to do the final finish on the floors. At least we like the color behind the book shelves.



With the exception of the living room and touch-ups, all painting has been done except the basement which is now under seige. Barry was staining the trim all week and on Friday the painting began. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the color is good and looks great with the stain.



Back upstairs, the colors of the pantry and Peter's study are excellent.

Stucco Mike came by and prepped some areas to put sample colors of stucco for the outside. We've narrowed it down to 2 and he'll come back, hopefully soon, to put them, Nougat and Nightingale, in another area near the trim. Then we will make our final decision. Right now I'm betting on Nightingale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home