Windows, windows everywhere
The team has been busy installing the last of the replacement windows. Kenny got the side window in Sarah's room yesterday; and he removed the old window fromEmily's room.
Today he installed Emily's window. We decided to have a fan in her room instead of central air since she seems to be getting used to having no AC in their apartment in Israel. We want it to feel like home when they come back (you are coming back, Em, right?)
The new windows actually look just like the old ones from a distance. But I am glad to see the clip-in divided panes gone. We now have true divided lights on the 3rd floor.
I guess Ken really likes it on the 3rd floor in spite of the heat cause he keeps finding things to do up there. He reframed the inside of the skylights in the bedrooms - it looks so much better now.
Meanwhile, downstairs, Katelyn and Bill got the new window into the kitchen. Naturally I wasn't there when they took out the old or when they put in the new one. But the result is great. We now have a totally unobstructed view of the back of the brick garage they built across the street.
Bill and Katelyn aso put in the new window in Peter's bathroom.When it was sitting on the floor, it looked so much bulkier than the original window, but now that it's in, it looks like it was always there.
Everybody else was pretty busy doing other stuff:
The roofer (I think his name is Steve) finished the flashing on the front chimney, and is now working on the back one.
Chris was working on the piping for the HVAC connections. I guess we'll actually have the equipment soon. Although the house has been reasonably comfortable most of the time. But I'm sure there will be days when AC will be appreciated.
DJ was doing his usual grinding routine. He is a mess - covered with cement dust. But the ceiling is really looking good.
Yesterday Lee and Wayne were back from Huntington to tie up a few loose TV cables.
And today, Brian and Justin tried hard to look busy while they were waiting for the electric inspection to happen.
The inspector did finally come and we passed! Yay! Now we have to have the framing inspected, then we can do the insulation and then we can plaster. This place may start looking like a real house again soon.
Yesterday, Miriam and Lee had a meeting. It was the usual - Miriam brought over new plans and Lee pretended to read them. If you look closely, you can see that Lee's eyes are closed.
I love our team.














1 Comments:
I am definitely not coming back if there will be no central air in my room!! I guess that is one way to ensure that we won't move into your house with you when (or should I say if) we come back...
By
Emily, at 3:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home