Hail to the red white and blue
There's alot of catching up to do since the last posting - I hope I remember all that's been going on.
The security guys and the A/V guys showed up right on schedule the first week in June to do the rough wiring for smoke, CO and alarm systems and the music and TV systems.


We are looking quite patriotic in our rafters now with red wires for security, white for regular electrical and blue for audio. It's almost a shame to cover it up, but I guess we'll have to eventually. We are going to be having alot of stuff on many of our ceilings - smoke detectors, speakers, lighting fixtures, but we will be entertained and safe.
Meanwhile, all the windows for the addition have been installed. The upstairs guest room looks great although I noticed that it's pretty easy to look from the bay straight into our bedroom window. I'm going to have to do some serious window treatments there.

Lee did a mock-up of the pool table to reassure us that there is enough room all around to use cue sticks uninhibitedly. According to measurements I googled, there should even be some room to spare, but if not, we always have plan B - cut down the sticks.



The bathtub is finally out of the guest room and back in the guest bath. Not an easy chore. It's a 100+-year-old, 6-foot tub made of the heaviest material they had back then. But it does look better in the bathroom
And the interior kitchen window was removed. I was hoping once that window was gone, it would be obvious how to treat the open space. Still not sure. This is the view from the kitchen into the vestibule.
There's alot more to tell but I've run out of time for today. Here are a couple of pictures of the house from the back. It's looking good.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home