Our House

Friday, June 29, 2007

robins in the wisteria








Last Sunday, we were showing the house to the Kleins when I heard alot of loud chirping coming from the wisteria. Turns out, that amid all the chaos, a robin thought it was the perfect spot to raise her babies. I'm so sorry I didn't notice it from the beginning so I could keep a record from egg to empty nest. (I'd like to show that ingrate of a duck mother the proper way to care for nestlings). I tried to get a shot of the mother with the babies, but she flew off everytime I got close. I never got to see her actually teaching them how to fly, but by Wednesday the nest was empty, so I guess they learned. In the last photo you can barely make out one baby out of the nest just below and to the left of center.

.



We have a new member of the team, for the summer. His name is DJ and in the winter he's a psychologist. Lee says DJ works for him every summer, but I wonder if this project just requires an on-site shrink...



DJ actually got Bill to do some manual labor. Here's the 2 of them filling in the ditch while Sal supplies the dirt


Before he could start moving the dirt, Sal had to do some heavy hitting on the digger. Lee helped, as you can see.





Katelyn found a way to keep cool during the heatwave. She power washed the foundation walls. Now the outside walls are nice and clean. Too bad about the inside walls - where there are walls.





Ken must have been very bad, because he was sent to the 3rd floor during the heat wave to install the new windows. I missed seeing him actually hanging off the roof, but I did catch him trying to escape. He did finally get the windows in and they look great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home