New electricity, new water?
I arrived at the house on Friday to see Brian and Justin doing some very delicate surgery: they were moving our old electric panel to make way for the new, improved electrical room.










They also had to run the cable for our new service from the street to the box on the house. I'm not exactly sure how much that cable weighs, but judging from the expressions and the grunting, it's pretty hefty. Kateyn and Justin were at one end pushing it into the conduit and Bill and DJ were at the top of the street pulling it through. Brian was giving orders.

We're now ready for the electric company to come do their part and then we'll have the new service. Can't wait to see the new electric bills!

I got to the house this morning hoping to see NStar there, but no sign of them. However, the water people did show up to lay the new piping for the water servce from the street. I missed the work, but here's the result... Unfortunately, there was some sort of misunderstanding, so they didn't finish the job and we have no water. But I'm sure Lee will fix it. I did get here in time to see Sal filling in the trench. Tomorrow he'll start working on the grade for the carport area.



Vinnie and his crew were here today moving shrubs away from the edge of the house. He found a place for everything, but we really need to water . It actually looks kind of nice with less stuff around the house. We will be very careful about what goes back where.

Lee just called to say that all has been resolved with the water people and hopefully we will have service tomorrow and the plants will be saved!
He also said that we are having the framing inspection tomorrow and the insulation will begin on Thursday. Very exciting.
Last week, Lee saw how bothered we were about the proposed placement of the A/C compressors. They are just so big that they will take up too much of our small yard space. So he started looking for alternatives unbeknownst to us. He told us about the possibility of having no compressors, but rather digging a well and having the freeon cooled by water pumped up from our ground. What a great idea. Peter and I thought it was a good solution. Unfortunately, today Lee told me that we probably can't do the well thing because of the interior installation we have. But he pushed Chris and I guess Chris pushed the HVAC engineers, and they decided we can put the compressors on the far side of our yard, under the trees so they won't be right against the house. Lee's still going to check with one more company about eliminating compressors, but at least we have a really good plan B.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home