What have we done??!?
So we have been having some great meetings with Martin about landscape decisions. I'm very pleased with the way the front entrance is coming out. In conjunction with that, we decided to remove all the big rhodies from the front to make a more welcoming curb appeal. Naturally the digging was done while we were out of town. So I came home to find a big hole and a wide open view into our side yard. I feel very vulnerable. And the poor dogwood that I have refused to cut down is looking particularly sad.
The good news is that the rhodies actually do look quite nice in their new home behind the shed.
While we are talking about the outside:
Lee spent one evening grading the driveway and defining the boundaries
The pavers came to put down the binder coat on the driveway. I was impressed at how fast they were. It's hard work.
First the huge dump truck mounts the little spreader truck and unloads a bunch of hot tar.
Then the spreader truck pours it on the ground.

Then the guys rake out the tar and then smooth it down.
Then they water so it will grow , I guess.
Then we have a beautiful, dust-free, paved driveway.
The next step is the design detail. We marked out a design for cobblestone aprons and borders.

Then Vinnie's guys come and cut up the beautiful driveway.

It's worth it though, the cobblestones look great















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home