Our House

Friday, March 23, 2007

We're shimmin

Not alot to report this week in terms of milestones.
Up on the 3rd floor, Ken was busy shimming the rafters to get straight lines. That'll be a first in this house: 90 degree corners and non-sloping floors. Hope it'll still be charming.



Lee had some window restorers come do a sample on one of the windows in the living room. I'm not sure I like the copper chain - it seems very bright, I think I'd rather just replace the cord with cord. It may not last as long as the chain, but probably we won't either.




Lee told me they discovered major water damage in the beam around the bay of the soon to be new guest room in the basement. The good news is that after digging out the rot (thanks, Katelyn) it appears the damage can be repaired without replacing the beam, foundation wall, windows, floor,ceiling, etc. If this is the buried treasure...



Elsewhere in the basement, things are being prepped for the steal beam to replace the columns, and for the pipes to go from ceiling to floor so in a couple of weeks, the concrete guys can come back and pour the floor. Then the walls can be framed, wiring can be done and we can get some more interesting photos.



I asked Bill about a hole filled with muddy water in the floor. He said it was the indoor pool, but Katelyn corrected him: it's the mudbath for the spa. This is going to be a great house. All these perks the team is putting in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home