They're ba-ack
The masons made it back this week, although it was a short-lived visit. They did manage to start laying the bluestone in the terrace around the living room and dining room. It's going to look terrific. I just have to remember to be sure the mortar they use is the type that breathes so we don't get cracks and mold. Unfortunately, by Thursday it was cold again, and with the snow on Friday, I don't expect to see them again til the end of the month.

Inside, it is hard to see progress since alot is behind the scenes type of stuff - subs coming in to adjust bids now that the house is open and that kind of thing. Katelyn has been busy doing some more framing on the third floor. The bathroom, the sink in Emily's room and her new closet is now defined.

Inside, it is hard to see progress since alot is behind the scenes type of stuff - subs coming in to adjust bids now that the house is open and that kind of thing. Katelyn has been busy doing some more framing on the third floor. The bathroom, the sink in Emily's room and her new closet is now defined.
The basement stairwell has been stripped down to the studs so now we can try to get some nore space to negotiate the stairs down to the basement.

More steel beams have arrived to support the basement ceiling (and the entire house). I put up a temporary support column in the living room, just til the steel is in place.
The doorway from the outside to the basement is now full size and enough grading has been done so we can actually use it. Maybe someday there will even be a door! Inside, I found Lee and Bill deep in a discussion about something important. I wonder if it had anything to do with the project...







1 Comments:
Does the fact that you refer to the closet in my room as "Emily's closet" mean that I can keep stuff in it?
By
Emily, at 8:16 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home