Our House

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

TyVeking down the hatches



I stopped by this afternoon to see what's new.The addition has been Ty vekked. Lee wanted to get that done before the snow comes tomorrow. It looks very cozy.


Also, since it is never going to get warm again and the masons will never be able to come back, Lee removed the green cocoon, and just covered the surface with the tarps. At least now he has his views back out the living room windows.


The copper guys were installing the last bay roof. Soon we'll have to decide if we want copper downspouts. And then should we replace the wooden gutters with copper? There is never an insulated decision that doesn't have a domino effect.


Mark got to come inside. I found him taking down the ceiling in the back stairs. He was preparing himself for a onslought of that insulation we had blown in everywhere 25 years ago. I think he'd rather be outside in the cold but clear air.


Up on the third floor I found Bill and Katelyn removing the heat pump. And for the first time, Bill was working and Katelyn was just sitting.


Lee and I talked about widening the door to the den to match the opening into the breakfast room. It means redoing the mechanism for the pocket door, but I think it will look better as long as there is still space for door casings. Once again,Peter is right.


I have no idea what's going on in the basement since there is sign saying the stairs hae been compromised and use at your own risk. I think I'll just wait and be surprised.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home