cutting concrete
Here's a picture of the entry from the carport to the vestibule. I think it's looking good:




The last copper roof did get finished before Wednesday's storm. Right now, the copper looks a bit shiny, and even dirty in some places. The copper guys said that was because it comes from the factory with a film on it that gets washed off with weather. Then it will be a richer, deeper color - not like aluminum foil.

They have cleaned out the front hall closet, including removing the built-in chest. Hopefully, we'll be able to reconstruct it someplace - maybe in Sarah's room.

I'm still amazed at how much clay and concrete came out of the basement floor. I don't think you can tell by the photo the amount of space it takes up.

On Thursday the concrete-cutter was there to cut the foundation wall to make a doorway into the new basement space under the vestibule. What a job that is! The blades are enormous and I think Lee either said they are made of diamonds(just the edges) or they are sharp as diamonds. It is extremely noisy and requires wearing ear protectors if you are anywhere nearby. WHen I went to watch, I had my ears covered as did the cutter (I think his name is Mark). We had a very nice conversation considering neither could hear what the other was saying. It was kind of like talking to your spouse.

They have cleaned out the front hall closet, including removing the built-in chest. Hopefully, we'll be able to reconstruct it someplace - maybe in Sarah's room.

I'm still amazed at how much clay and concrete came out of the basement floor. I don't think you can tell by the photo the amount of space it takes up.

On Thursday the concrete-cutter was there to cut the foundation wall to make a doorway into the new basement space under the vestibule. What a job that is! The blades are enormous and I think Lee either said they are made of diamonds(just the edges) or they are sharp as diamonds. It is extremely noisy and requires wearing ear protectors if you are anywhere nearby. WHen I went to watch, I had my ears covered as did the cutter (I think his name is Mark). We had a very nice conversation considering neither could hear what the other was saying. It was kind of like talking to your spouse.


Mark and Katelyn have begun taking down the last partition wall in the kitchen, so next week we should be able to get a good idea of how it will look with the kitchen being part of the family room. Hopefully we'll be able to finalize the crown-molding/top of cabinets issue.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home