Our House

Tuesday, January 16, 2007




It's time for some serious catching-up. Alot has gone on in the past several days; I'll try to remember everything.
I think we finalized a design for the sink/closet area in Emil's room on the 3rd floor. It includes expanding the bathroom by 11 inches which will hopefully make it easier to design shower doors that can open without smashing into the toilet. There will be a 3 foot closet and a 4 foot sink in the bedroom which is actually quite a bit bigger than what was there before. That's because we took down the partial chimney stack that was just sitting on a platform behind the wall.

On the second floor, Katlyn and Mark started to remove the existing beam in the old guest room to replace with a hidden beam that will be inside the ceiling in the new guest room and laundry room.



In the basement it was discovered that the tunnel with the 'pipe' in it is actually just a tunnel - no pipe - but it goes from the well to the outside of the house. And it is nicely lined with brick on both sides. We might take the brick to use in some of the outside walkways, although since it has been underground forever it hasn't weathered and doesn't exactly match our existing outside brick.

Outside the house there is lots of progress. The roof of the addition is finished and looks great. And finally I got to see the stairs leading up to the vestibule. The whole blue cocoon area is really neat with all the stone work. Lee and I were trying to figure out if we could turn it into a room, but we agreed that would make access to the house from the carport a bit inconvenient.


I stopped by the house yesterday, not really expecting to see anyone since it was a holiday. Lee and Bill and Katelyn were there doing more demolition on the 3rd floor. I didn't have my camera with me so I will go back today to take photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home