Our House

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

We are wired




I met Brian the electrician yesterday. He was busy doing the wiring on the 3r floor. Lee and I went through the 3rd floor and only made a few changes. We started on the second floor where we also made a few additions and adjustments. Let's see if Brian is still smiling by the time he gets down to the basement.


When I arrived this morning, I found Bill and Katelyn busy moving 'furniture' and sweeping up the living room. Then when I was back late this afternoon they were sweeping the concrete floor in the indoor outdoor room. Since it isn't Friday which is the normal clean-up day, I can only surmise that they are preparing for a big party tonight. I'm a little hurt I wasn't invited.




The plumbers are still busy plumbing, and Chris is still assembling and installing ductwork. It's baby steps, but progress is certainly being made.



And I've gotten used to the unexpected; I didn't even blink when I saw this foot just dangling from the ceiling.




Lee showed me the valve for the washer in the laundry room. It has a sensor that will automatically shut off the water if the washer isn't running. No worries about flooding.

Larry from Huntington TV was here today to go over the A/V installation. We only got through the basement and 1st floor and will finish up next week. It is really good to do this type of thing on site. We made a couple of changes, actually eliminated some stuff, that looked good on paper but really isn't necessary. For the ecrd - there will be NO televisions in bathrooms.

Tomorrow Don from the alarm company is coming. I hope we can get that plan completed in one visit.

Meanwhile, an update on what's happening in the wilds of downtown Boston. When I got home last night, there was no sign of Mr or Mrs Mallard, much to my relief. I figured they found better real estate someplace else. But this morning, just for fun, I went to look at the nest that I thought had been abandoned - the one we tried to make inaccessible. I found an egg! At first I thought maybe Peter had put a chicken's egg there just to be cute. But no... When I came home this afternoon, there were 2 eggs - and no sign of mom duck. Apparently, it is against the law to touch the eggs now, so we have to wait til they hatch or don't hatch. If they hatch, we'll call the animal rescue league to com take the ducklings to the pond; if they don't hatch, I guess we have eggs benedict (kidding). Does anyone know the gestation period for ducklings? I wonder if there will be more eggs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home