Timing is Everything



Today was a bit less dramatic in terms of parts of the house disappearing. We did lose the stairs going up to the back door. Now I guess we'll have to use the front door just as all the delivery people have been doing for the last 25 years.
Also, the column that was allegedly holding up the roof over the back door came down. When they first cut into it, they found the insides completely rotten - just alot of sawdust. I asked Lee what was keeping it (and the house) up, and he said 'prayer'. There was also alot of rot on the deck. I guess it's a good thing we decided to do this now.
I'm a little nervous about parking the cars in the driveway over the weekend since we are expecting a big storm with huge winds. But the space of the ex-carport is being taken up by an enormous digger (I think that's the right name for this piece of equipment; I have to verify with Joshua or Simon. Hopefully all trees, roofs and existing columns will remain standing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home