Downsizing





Some empty-nesters move to smaller homes; we just remove rooms . I went out to run some errands at 10:30 this morning When I got back at 2:30 we no longer had a den. I was a little disappointed that I missed seeing it come down; but I'll have another chance when the laundry room goes. And I'm still waiting for my turn to smash a wall.
It's getting to be a little dangerous around here. We have to remember there is no deck, and soon there will be no stairs to the back door. I may leave parachutes at each exit.
And there's a bit of action on the other side of the house: the brick walkway is being taken up. It looks like they're building a little fort there. I wonder if the architect knows about this....
Our goal for the end of the weekend is to have all our possessions designated to either go into storage or come with us to Boston, to have the basement empty, and to still be talking to each other. It's pretty much the same goal we've had for the last 4 or 5 weekends, but this time we mean it!

1 Comments:
If there are no steps to the back door and the brick walkway to the front door is being torn up, how are we supposed to get in?? Are you just doing all of this because you don't want us to come over anymore?
By
Emily, at 11:09 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home